What is a bucket list?
A bucket list is a list of things one hopes to accomplish before they die…
Essentially, you write up the list, and then you check them off one-by-one as you complete them … I’m a big believer in setting goals. Without goals, you wake up each day without focus. Goals give us something to strive for.
They give us direction … and if you don’t have a bucket list, I’d encourage you to write yours out today and here are 3 great reasons to start now…
- It makes you look at what you really want: Oftentimes, we wake up each day doing the same old stuff. For many of us, we really don’t know what we want to do. We lack direct and focus. And one of the benefits of creating a bucket list is that it forces us to sit down and map out some of those things we want. Once we know what we want, we can then come up with a plan to get us going in the right direction.
- You live a much more satisfying life: When you’re able to pursue your passions, you’re able to enjoy a much more rewarding and satisfying life. You have purpose. You have ambition. You have drive.
- Your confidence increases and you continue to strive for more: Once you start slashing things off your bucket list, you start to add new ones. And the more you slash off, and the more you add new ones, the more your confidence grows. And before you know it, you’ll be achieving some amazing things as your life continues to move forward. You become fearless. You become confident. You’re living life without fear!
So for now — write out your bucket list. That’s the first step. Don’t worry about how you’ll accomplish them … just write them out! And if you haven’t watched my Achieving Your Most Outrageous Goals video, go here and watch it now!
Here’s my bucket list … I’ll continue to update and add to these as time goes on!
Move to Amelia Island
- Visit Costa Rica
- Live in Montreal, Canada (going in September 2016)
- Live in Medellin, Colombia (South America)
- Set foot on all 7 continents
Fly first class(you get to cut lines, eat all the snacks you want, drink as much beer, wine and liquor you want) Take the family on a cruise a few times a year
- Visit Argentina
- Learn to salsa
- Become an ‘Extrovert’ (in real life, I’m very shy and a BIG ‘introvert’… this one is going to take a while)
Publish a physical book(accomplished May 2015)
- Learn to speak French
- Take international trip with entire family (my crew, mom, dad, brother, etc)
- Go scuba diving
Fire my boss
- Experience a wild life safari in Africa
- Volunteer abroad
- Visit Amsterdam
- Teach 1 million people how to make additional income
- Get 1 million people to write out their goals on paper
Now that I’ve shared my bucket list, what about yours? Feel free to post some of your plans below in the comments box … Depending on what you write up below, I may have to borrow some of yours to add to my bucket list too…