WOW … These 10 Millionaire Habits Really Can Change Your Life, in Just a Short Period of Time.
It’s really quite simple. Bad habits produce bad results. Good habits produce good results.
If you don’t pay yourself first after getting your paycheck, then you’ll likely be broke before your next paycheck arrives (thus the term, living paycheck-to-paycheck).
If you do pay yourself first after getting your paycheck, you likely won’t be broke before your next check arrives…
It’s simple little habits like these that’ll determine the quality of life you’ll live …
Don’t pay your bills on-time and your credit rating will drop … which means you’ll have to pay more money to get a car, or even an extra deposit or two in order to move into a house or an apartment. These poor habits will affect everything in your life moving forward … They even check credit to consider you for a job nowadays.
If you do pay your bills on-time, you’ll get the best rates on credit cards, car loans and mortgages. The good habit of paying what you owe on-time, will positively affect your life.
As you can see, the decision has been yours all along … But some of us have picked up bad habits from the very people who’ve raised us, and it’s not entirely our fault … But at some point, you’ll have to acquire new habits to get ahead.
bad habits = bad results
good habits = good results
Did you know that between 85% – 88% of millionaires in the U.S. are self-made, first generation rich? In other words, they didn’t inherit their wealth … they earned it themselves during their lifetime.
Many of the habits that will keep us poor, or struggling along in the middle-class range, were picked up and learned from our parents. In this post, I’m going to reveal the specific habits these self-made millionaires had, and I’ll compare them with the habits of the poor and middle-class… The differences are astonishing!
Let’s take a look at some of the habits these ‘rich’ people do on a daily and consistent basis … keep score and see how you measure up:
- 80% of wealthy are focused on accomplishing some single goal. Only 12% of the poor do this.
(what about you … do you have ‘written goals’? Are you focusing on ONE single goal?)
- 76% of wealthy exercise aerobically four days a week. 23% of poor do this.
(I’m working on this now … I do notice when I stay in these big fancy hotels for an extended period of time, I see the same people going down to the workout room to get their exercise)
- 63% of wealthy listen to audio books during commute to work vs. 5% of poor people do this.
(I have a monthly subscription to download audio books each month — my car is a rolling university … what about you? Are you listening to music or talk radio in your vehicle? They got their money … change what’s going into your head)
- 81% of wealthy maintain a to-do list vs. 19% of poor.
(do you maintain a to-do list? Tom’s research also indicated these types complete at least 70% of their tasks on their daily to-do list as well…)
- 63% of wealthy parents make their children read two or more non-fiction books a month vs. 3% of poor.
(In order to get their allowance, I now make my kids read one non-fiction book per month, along with a report on what they just read … By summer, I will increase their required readings to two books per month)
- 70% of wealthy parents make their children volunteer 10 hours or more a month vs. 3% of poor.
(Haven’t made my way down to this one, but the older ones will start this summer)
- 80% of wealthy make Happy Birthday calls vs. 11% of poor.
- 67% of wealthy write down their goals vs. 17% of poor.
(What about you … are yours written? Don’t think you don’t need to write them down … if you’re not wealthy, don’t think about it, just do it.)
- 88% of wealthy read 30 minutes or more each day for education or career reasons vs. 2% of poor.
(are you reading for at least 30 minutes … audio books count too)
- 6% of wealthy say what’s on their mind vs. 69% of poor.
- 79% of wealthy network five hours or more each month vs. 16% of poor.
- 67% of wealthy watch one hour or less of TV every day vs. 23% of poor.
- 6% of wealthy watch reality TV vs. 78% of poor.
(as you can see, the wealthy don’t spend a lot of time watching other people’s drama)
- 44% of wealthy wake up three hours before work starts vs. 3% of poor.
(I thought because I made a lot of money, I could sleep in late … how wrong was I)
- 74% of wealthy teach good daily success habits to their children vs. 1% of poor.
- 84% of wealthy believe good habits create opportunity luck vs. 4% of poor.
- 76% of wealthy believe bad habits create detrimental luck vs. 9% of poor.
- 86% of wealthy believe in lifelong educational self-improvement vs. 5% of poor.
- 86% of wealthy love to read vs. 26% of poor.
How do your habits compare with this list??? Are they accurate? The thing about habits is that they can be changed. And when you change them, your life will almost instantaneously change.
Let me tell you a little story…
I grew up in a military, middle-class family. As a kid, we started out on the poor side of the scale, and as my dad earned his rank, we continually moved up the scale to be on the lower side of middle-class, and then we eventually moved up to the ‘middle’ middle-class range.
Many of the bad habits I carried into my adult life were transferred over too me from my parents … stuff I picked up from watching them.
Maybe you recognize a few of these habits I picked up…
- i didn’t pay my bills on time (which caused me to have bad credit)
- rented most of my adult life (i always had to pay extra month or two rent because of my poor credit)
- traded in my car every 2-3 years (that’s what I saw my parents do, so I did it too)
- didn’t save money for my future (broke and barely had money, even after making a ton of money I was still broke)
- didn’t live on a budget (even if I made $3 million per year, the act of not having a budget would keep me broke)
- dodged creditor phone calls (I saw my folks do it … so it was natural for me to do it)
- wrote bad checks from time to time (another learned behavior)
- didn’t set goals (I never seen anyone in my house set goals, so I didn’t know better)
- did not invest in stocks (I’m 20 years behind schedule because I didn’t start at 18 or 20)
- didn’t have 6-months emergency funds saved (when I had bad months, this would have saved my butt)
- lived from check to check (I didn’t pay myself first, so I had no cushion)
- sent the kids out the room when we discussed finances (that’s what my folks did while they talked ‘grown folk’ business)
- lived beyond our means (the craziest thing I’ve ever done)
- built up lots of credit card debt
These were the habits I learned and applied through most of my own adult life. While I’ve managed to do a few things differently from my parents, such as starting my own business, which has allowed me to rank in the top 3% of the top income earners, my bad habits did not allow me to keep much of that money…
You see, it didn’t matter how much money I earned … What really mattered is what I had left at the end of each year, and in many cases, I’d be lucky to have a few hundred bucks.
Imagine bringing in $500,000 in annual revenue and only having $500 cash in the bank at the end of the year … People who’ve earned just $30,000 a year had more money than me.
After doing that non-sense for many years, I had to figure out what was wrong with me…
Although I was making a ton of money, my poor habits kept me poor! Make sure you understand that statement … my poor habits kept me poor … even though I was earning high six-figures.
… Even if I made $5 million a year, the results would pretty much be the same if my habits continued … the money doesn’t make you rich … it’s your habits!
Just like the bad habits I picked up and learned from my poor, then middle-class family, it was now time to learn some new habits … If I didn’t create new habits, I would always stay poor — no matter how much money I earned.
If you’re just barely getting by each month, an extra $500 per month raise won’t change your circumstances… An extra $15,000.00 a year won’t change your situation … WHY??? Because for the most part, your habits will eventually put you right back to where you were before you got the raise.
This is not as simple as waking up one day and making a decision to change your mind … NOPE … not at all.
Bad habits don’t go away … they need to be replaced with new habits. And getting rid of old habits is no easy task — you have to actively work at developing out these new habits so they become second nature … just like your poor habits are.
What are some of the habits of the wealthy and financially secure … and can we benefit by modeling their habits?
On my quest to find out what I was doing wrong, I came across many books such as The Millionaire Next Door, by Thomas Stanley, and his other book, The Millionaire Mind. These 2 books started to put things into perspective for me, but it wasn’t enough.
My big breakthrough came with another book titled, Rich Habits, by Tom Corley of the Rich Habits Institute.
That guy had it together when he wrote that book … It all made sense …. later on in this post, I’m going to show you how to get his book for free…
Over the course of 5 years, this Tom Corley guy studied wealthy/rich people. He studied their habits, their behaviors and their choices. The guys he studied weren’t born rich or came from money … but they developed great habits.
I pulled the following excerpt from Tom Corley’s Rich Habits website:
“Experts continue to debate how to change a habit, how long it takes and even if it’s possible to get rid of habits. I’m here to tell you to forget about trying to get rid of your Poverty Habits by force of will. It doesn’t work.”
“Habits stay with you almost forever. This is because once a habit is formed, your brain creates a neural pathway. It may take years for that neural pathway to atrophy from non-use. No one, today, really knows for sure how long it takes for that to happen. What you can do is diminish the effects of a Poverty Habit by adding a Rich Habit.”
According to Tom, these are the poverty habits that are keeping you poor…
- You watch more than one hour of T.V. a day.
- You spend more than an hour a day on recreational Internet use (Facebook, Twitter etc.)
- Your relationships are on an “as needed” basis. You only reach out to your friends to socialize or when you have problems and need their help. You don’t call them just to say hello, happy birthday or to congratulate them or console them when something happens in their lives. In other words, you ignore them unless you need them for something.
- Procrastination is the rule rather than the exception. You don’t maintain a daily “to do” list, or if you do, you don’t accomplish 70% or more of your daily “to do” list each.
- You devote very little time to your career beyond working. You do not read a minimum of 30 minutes a day of career-related reading material.
- You do not network or volunteer a minimum of 5 hours a month.
- You do the bare minimum at work. You have “it’s not in my job description” syndrome.
- You talk too much and don’t listen enough. You violate the ”5 to 1 Rule” (Listening for 5 minutes for every 1 minute of talking).
- Oftentimes, you are putting your foot in your mouth and saying inappropriate things.
- You are not generous with your time or money with respect to your relationships.
- You are a spender and not a saver. You don’t save 10% of your net income every month. You violate the “90 % Rule” (Pay yourself first 10% of your net pay and live off of the remaining 90% of your net pay).
- You spend more than you earn and your debt is overwhelming you.
- You don’t control your thoughts and emotions on a daily basis. You lose your temper too often and belittle others too much.
- You think a wish is a goal. Goals require a specific physical activity, otherwise they are just wishes and wishes don’t come true.
- You eat more than 300 junk food calories a day.
- You drink more than two glasses of beer, wine or hard alcohol a night.
- You drink more than 12 ounces of non-diet soda a day.
- You don’t exercise aerobically a minimum of 30 minutes a day, four days a week.
How did you fare? For me, many of the things listed above were true… I watched a lot of TV.
Many days, I would just wake up and do random things throughout the day … Nothing planned or scheduled, just random.
Although I made a lot of money, I was still broke … It didn’t matter that I had a big fancy house, nice car and went on lots of vacations.
I was always cash poor … I was always waiting on the next deposit to hit the bank (just a fancy way of saying, ‘waiting for payday’.
I didn’t save. I didn’t invest. I spent way more than I earned.
Now … I’m going to go out on a limb and say this…
Until you change your bad habits, you will NOT have a successful business
A lot of your bad habits will transfer over into your new or existing business … it did with me.
In the beginning, I had to pay cash for everything … which immediately took cash-flow out of my business.
It would have been great to been able to use ‘good debt’ to grow my biz, but I didn’t have good credit in the beginning.
Merchant accounts cost me more because my credit was bad … I was considered high-risk, so they charged me more money to be able to accept credit cards from my customers.
I lost accounts because I didn’t pay my bills on time … I lost good employees because they got tired of getting their paycheck late.
These habits just follow you into everything you get involved with.
You must develop new habits … if you’re struggling along now, starting a new business won’t help you … In fact, things will only get worse.
You must start working on yourself first … Only after you fix yourself will things start to work out in your favor.
I’m so much better off now because of my new habits … I wish I’d known about this 10 years ago.
Which is what led me to put this course together to teach you the…
10 Essential Steps to Changing Your Habits to Create Your Dream Life, and Have All the Money and Peace of Mind You Want…
I only wish I had a coaching program like this available when I finally wised up … But now it’s available for you!
If you seem to always get stuck … wondering why you keep getting the same results over and over again … then this program is for you.
If you feel like you’re working your butt off all year long, only to have very little to nothing to show for it, then this program is for you!
Chances are great that 2015 will end exactly the same way the last several years ended for you.
Unless you’re willing to do something drastically different in 2015 … In fact, the only thing to do is to change your habits … and I can help you with that!
Over the next 90 days, I’m going to breakdown the 10 essential steps that will allow you to change your habits so you literally create your dream life and have all they money and peace of mind you want and deserve.
Here’s what we’ll cover in the training…
PHASE 1: Change Daily Habits
During this training, we’re going to sit back and assess ourselves by looking at our daily routines and habits. Once we identify these habits, we’re going to write them down and then determine what needs to happen to turn the ‘bad habit’ into a ‘good habit’.
I’ll coach you through this session and will provide you with a bunch of examples to follow. From this list, we’ll then create the ultimate checklist that’ll keep us on track each day.
For example, I had a really bad habit of forgetting important dates … and in my business, I lose a lot of money and I lose a lot of credibility when I missed these important dates.
I fixed that by using an online calendar with reminder features in it to both e-mail me 2 days before, followed by a 24-hour notice and then 2 more notices the few hours before … Yes, for me, I need all those reminders. It was challenging to use my calendar in the beginning because I never kept track, but after a few weeks, it became the norm for me to do it without thinking about it…
I know this isn’t a ‘life-changing’ example for most, but this was a HUGE deal for me… But I had to first identify my bad habits (and I had a bunch of them), in order to correct them.
PHASE 2: Goal Setting
Having goals allow us to create roadmaps … Without these roadmaps, it’s almost impossible to reach the final destination. During this training, we will have you identify your long-term goals, followed by short-term goals, and your goals for 2015.
By identifying these goals, it’ll allow us to create a daily-blueprint that maps out our days and weeks … It’s the longterm goals that set the foundation for how we manage our days and weeks. After completing this module, you’ll no longer wake up without purpose … instead, you’ll know what to do and focus on each and every day of your life.
You’ll know what to focus on because we will take these goals and break them down into small bite size chunks in order to come up with an actionable plan that’ll put you on track towards accomplishing your goals … these bite size chunks will become your daily-blueprint.
You will live your life by this daily-blueprint (also known as the daily ‘to-do’ list). 81% of the wealthy maintain a daily ‘to-do’ list.
PHASE 3: Self Improvement
Successful people spend a significant amount of time and money in improving their lives. This can be in the form of getting additional certifications or licenses for their professions, and it could be as simple as attending workshops to perfect a skill.
In my prior life, I used to attend antiques auctions on a regular basis and had great success buying and selling antiques. I later figured that perhaps other people would like to learn how to make money doing this, so I created a course.
The course did very well … And in an effort to boost my credibility, I went to auctioneering school to become a licensed auctioneer.
This is one of many examples of ‘self-improvement’. Successful people are always on the lookout to improve their skill sets … which generally increases their net worth.
In this training, we’re going breakdown and discuss how just 30-minutes a day of reading and/or listening to motivational CDs can change your life … I’ll also show you how to find these additional 30-minutes if you’re strapped for time.
PHASE 4: Focusing on Health
76% of wealthy people exercise aerobically 4 days a week and eat a much healthier diet. The fact is, the healthier you are, the less often you get sick.
I was able to get rid of my type 2 diabetes by juicing and changing my diet. Within 3-months, my doctors took me off my medicines and I felt so much better.
Plus, the costs for the medicines and the regular doctor visits went away immediately.
Imagine this for a moment… I would have been taking and paying for diabetic medicines for the rest of my life. In addition to that, I would have to purchase blood glucose strips every month, lancets (needles) to prick my fingers, and other related items.
Over 10 years, I would have easily spent thousands and thousands of dollars for the treatment of diabetes … not to mention the time away from my business.
Health is an important part of our lives … In this training, we will cover some of the things you can do to start implementing a healthy diet and exercise routine into your weekly schedule … Remember, this is about changing some of our old routines and habits.
PHASE 5: Developing Lifelong Relationships
When was the last time you sent someone a thank you card in the mail? What about a physical birthday card?
When was the last time you picked up the telephone just to call on someone to see how they were doing? Successful people actively seek out reasons to reach out to their contacts.
The other day, I came across an article I thought would be beneficial to a client of mine … I clipped it out of the magazine and mailed it to them.
Imagine what that simple gesture did for me … my stock and credibility just went up.
We’ll be talking about the various tools and resources available to make this easy for you to accomplish on a regular and almost automated basis.
It’s going to be the relationships you nurture that’ll get you to the next level much faster!
PHASE 6: Moderation
Successful people live a moderate and balanced life. They’re not too extravagant … they’re in control. Whereas unsuccessful people live an extreme and over-the-top type lifestyle. They’re emotions control them … They react versus responding. They’re not in control … their circumstances control them.
Unsuccessful people lack focus and generally live beyond their means.
During this training session, we’re going to breakdown how moderation can provide you with a stable and carefree lifestyle.
PHASE 7: Developing a ‘Do-It Now’ Mentality
Successful people take action … they do not procrastinate like most unsuccessful people do. Your success is going to depend on how well quick you are to implement.
We’ll cover some strategies in this module that’ll keep you focused and on target!
PHASE 8: Affirmations
During this phase, I’m going to ask you to be open to some new ideas … some of the stuff we’ll talk about here may seem a little far-fetched, but they work.
Affirmations are ‘positive words or phrases’ you repeat to yourself which describe how you want to be. You speak as if it’s already true.
Examples of affirmations would be…
- I am wealthy
- I am a very confident person
- I own a vacation home in Costa Rica
- I am brave
- I live an life of abundance
Using positive affirmations allows you to control what information your mind receives. It’s believed that what’s in your subconscious mind is what plays out in your life. It comes back to ‘what we think about, we become’ type of thinking.
I can tell you from firsthand experience that it works … and it works for you, and/or against you.
We’ll go much more in-depth during our training.
PHASE 9: Paying Yourself First
We’ve all heard this before … pay yourself first. And that’s exactly what the wealthy and successful people do better than everybody else … save 10% of their income from every check.
They invest their money and watch over it regularly. They set goals for their money and investments. Their credit is great, which allows them to buy cars and houses at a significantly much lower rate than unsuccessful people.
I paid thousands more for my vehicle because my credit was bad … I was considered high risk, therefore, my interest rate was much higher (and my monthly payment was higher as a result). People with bad credit pay more for everything … In many cases, you can’t even rent a car without a major credit card (these rental places won’t even take the visa check card).
This is something most people don’t do … this is a habit you must change immediately if you want a stable and secure future.
We’ll cover this in-depth … Unsuccessful people pay themselves last and they live check-to-check.
In this training, I’m going to show you how to find some extra money from the income you already have coming into your house … this training session will pay for itself just from the information you gather from this training phase!
PHASE 10: Controlling Your Thoughts and Emotions
This is a BIGGIE … Bad habits can typically cause bad behaviors, which generally result in bad decisions, and ultimately a ‘not-so’ good life.
There’s an old saying … ‘An idle mind is the devil’s playground’. We have to be able to recognize when our mind is under attack.
Sadness, depression, anger, feeling bad can be manipulated by getting ourselves involved with productive activities that take our minds away from those bad feelings or thoughts.
We’re going to spend a lot of time here because some of the people we have around us can be toxic (this can include spouses as well).
And now, more on how you can change your habits to create your dream life and have all the money and peace of mind you want in 2015
Please allow me to explain what this coaching program is, what it’ll cover, what you’ll get, how much it costs, who it’s for, how you can join, and how you can get the RICH HABITS book by Tom Corley…
What it is and what we’ll be covering…
The 10 phases (outlined above) are the ten essential steps you must implement in your life in order to change your habits … thus changing your life. A few times each month, I’ll release a new training video for each phase that comes with worksheets, templates, guidance through the training materials and worksheets.
You’ll be able to ask an unlimited number of questions, as well as get help and feedback.
All of the sessions will be recorded, so if you’re unavailable, that’s fine … you’ll get access to these trainings right away and you’re free to follow along at your own leisure.
So, what do you get for joining?
>> A FREE BOOK: When you join, I will send you a copy of Tom Corley’s book, Rich Habits … it’s an excellent book and much of the teachings and trainings will be coming from this.
>> GUIDANCE: I’ll be bringing my excellent teaching skills in an easy-to-understand and follow-along format … also included is my love, support, motivation and answers to all of your questions. For the first 90 days of the new year, I’ve suspended my one-on-one consulting so I can spend my time working with this group … I want to see you have success in 2015.
>> RESOURCES: You’ll have on-demand access to videos, worksheets and homework.
How much does it cost?
I was going to charge $1,000.00 for this program, but since you get to be the first to ever try it out, I’m going to give you 2 options here:
(1) Price it at $279 when paid in full
(2) Or make a payment of $99 a month for 3-months
Who this is for?
- If you’re sick and tired of being sick and tired … this is for you!
- If you’re unhappy doing what you’re currently doing, and you’re looking for change … this is for you!
- If you’re wanting to achieve a particular goal in 2015 … this is for you!
- If you want to change your life … this is for you!
- If you’re frustrated with ending back up at the same place each year … this is for you!
- If you feel stuck, and you don’t feel like you’re making any progress … this is for you!
- If you don’t know what to do with your life … this is for you!
- If you’re starting over … this is for you!
- If you’re broke … this is for you!
- If you’re unhappy … this is for you!
- If you have bad habits … this is for you!
- If (insert your reason here) … this is for you!
So if you’re ready to finally change your life, join me and let’s work together to change your habits, so you can create your dream life, and have all the money and peace of mind you want in 2015.
Select From 1 of the 2 Payment Options Below
One-Time Investment of $279
3-Monthly Payments of $99
*My Unconditional Money Back Guarantee: If for whatever reason, you think my course sucks … or you just don’t like it. I will gladly reimburse your money with no questions asked. I want you to be happy and satisfied with your investment. I believe we can help you change your life in 2015 and I’m simply asking you to give it a try. If you feel that you’ve made the wrong decision after going through the first few modules, simply ask for your money back … no pressure.